St. Patty’s Day!
March 17, 2012 in Uncategorized
Happy St. Patty’s Day, everyone!
I hope you all have a really good one. Mine is rainy. The sky is completely clouded over, and the weather forecast says “Definite Rain” all the way until the wee hours of tomorrow morning… Looks like all outside plans are going to be put off! If you’re stuck inside like I am, here are seven ways to spend your rainy/snowy/cold/lazy St. Patrick’s Day:
1. Put on your best Irish hat, wear some green, and learn to dance like a leprechaun!
2. Drink some beer with your breakfast!
3. Make some Irish Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! From Cara over at Fork & Beans.
4. Go to your local pottery place and paint some Irish themed pottery! I like Color Me Mine in Orange County, and Red Hot Pottery in San Luis Obispo!
5. Read some literature by Oscar Wilde. A real Irish poet!
6. Make some more green food!
Asparagus Pesto Pasta
Fudge Mint Pie – Chocolate Covered Katie
Lemon Mushroom Pappardelle with Kale Pesto – from Daily Garnish
Pineapple Cilantro Lime Smoothie – from Food, Fitness, Fresh Air
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes – from Brown Eyed Baker
Kiss Me, I’m Irish! Cheesecake
7. And finally, drink some more Irish beer!! I hear it is very frowned upon to go to bed sober on St. Patrick’s day in Ireland. I know we’re not in Ireland, but I’m just sayin…
I hope everyone has a really great holiday! Remember, keep it safe. Don’t drink and drive, and keep everything in moderation :) Have fun!